Learning & Development
Game-based learning offers compelling interactivity that equates to higher levels of learner motivation.
KDG has the experience and skills to provide your organization with quality game-based learning. This approach offers compelling interactivity that equates to higher levels of learner motivation, engagement and retention when compared to more traditional means of instruction.
Game-based learning has much in common with simulations. One primary difference is that a game doesn't necessarily reflect a real-world situation. Games for learning may use a popular TV game show format or board game approach that conveys factual knowledge but doesn't necessarily reflect a real world situation as a simulation would. Then there is also a hybrid of sorts, simulation with an element of game play, sometimes referred to as serious gaming.
KDG uniquely focuses on utilizing interactivity and multimedia to create game-based learning that in a fundamental way helps educate, inform and inspire the learner. Our strong interest in game development enables us to conceptualize fun entertaining games or serious games that provide a rich learning experience. Your organization can reap various important benefits with game-based learning for your employees and customers and most importantly, your organization.
Benefits in online and mobile environment
- Self knowledge check and validation of comprehension; can be scored and tracked
- Community building, sharing in an online portal environment; multiplayer game can be implemented to create friendly competition
Benefits for classroom
- Knowledge check and validation of comprehension
- Team building, collaboration and ice breaking
- Training Aids to reinforce comprehension
Games for learning can be integrated within your training and education initiatives in various strategic ways. Based on our experience, these proven strategies include -
- prerequisite for classroom training
- classroom setting
- mastery challenge within a web-based training course module
- job aid reinforcement
- innovative marketing and education approach for customers
Call today to discuss how KDG can develop game-based learning that can benefit your organization.